Grace Lutheran Preschool
1300 Kishwaukee Valley Rd.
Woodstock, IL 60098
815.338.0554 ext. 213
Giving children the best start at school!
The mission of Grace Lutheran Preschool is to share God’s grace through the education and enrichment of young children. Every child is a gift from God. We will provide a safe, supportive, Christian atmosphere for them to grow. Our well-balanced program promotes social/emotional, cognitive, physical, and spiritual development.
- We offer classes for preschool children ages 2 to 5, with options in the numbers of attendance days per week. (See details below.)
- All of our programs focus on the child’s individual growth and development. Our play-based, developmentally-appropriate curriculum addresses the needs of the whole child — spiritual, self-esteem, self-help skills, social, emotional, cognitive, gross and small motor skills, emergent literacy, pre-math, and fine arts.
- Christian ideals and values are an integral part of our curriculum. We strive to foster each child’s growth in faith and instill in them an awareness of being a unique child of God. All classes participate in Chapel Time once a week.
- We offer daily (weather permitting) outdoor educational and recreational activities in fully-fenced playgrounds on our 20+ acre campus. Our 2-year-old students have their own playground with age-appropriate equipment. We also have a gym available for indoor play.
- As COVID restrictions permit, we offer a variety of field trips and in-school visitors for our preschoolers ages 3 to 5. We rely on parents to help with transportation and chaperoning for field trips.
- Our staff are highly qualified, experienced, and nurturing. Our teachers encourage a strong parent/teacher relationship that enhances each child’s first school experience.
- We hold parent-teacher conferences twice a year to give parents and teachers a time to reflect on each child’s growth and development. In addition, teachers keep individual portfolios to document the child’s progress as measured in part by milestones in the Early Learning Standards set by the Illinois State Board of Education.
Grace Lutheran Preschool is licensed by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) and is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Education Association (ELEA). In addition, we are a member of the 4C: Community Coordinated Child Care organization.
Our Days/Hours of Attendance
All classes meet from 8:30 to 11 a.m.
Parents have the following options for numbers of days per week that their child will attend:
Our 2-year-olds (the Red Room) will meet 2 or 3 days per week.
Our 3- to 4-year-olds (the Blue Room) will meet 3 to 5 days per week.
Our 4 to 5-year-olds (the Green Room) will meet 3 to 5 days per week.
You will find our full school year calendar for 2021-22 here.
Program Monthly Tuition
Red Room —2 days/week $145
Red Room — 3 days/week $195
Blue/Green Rooms — 3 days/week $175
Blue/Green Rooms — 4 days/week $225
Blue/Green Rooms — 5 days/week $270
Have questions or want to arrange a tour? We would love to talk with you. Call our director, Casey Dezwijger, at 815-338-0554 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you ready to enroll your child(ren)? You will find everything you need here.
Registration is now OPEN for the 2021-22 school year. Our program begins Tuesday, Sept. 7.
Children must meet the age requirement by Sept. 1 of the current school year for each program, or must have teacher recommendation for the program desired. All children must be potty-trained, with the exception of the 2-year olds.
- A $50 registration fee is required to guarantee a child’s spot in class. This fee is nonrefundable.
- From now until June 15, we are offering an Early Registration Incentive. Anyone who submits a registration form and fee during this period will receive $10 off the registration fee.
- A $10 Sibling Discount is offered to families who enroll more than one child in the same school year. Registration fees are as follows: $50 for the first child; $40 for the second child; and $30 for a third child.
- With our Referral Program, a currently-enrolled preschool family who recommends a new family that attends our school for at least one month will receive a $25 voucher to be used toward tuition.
- A Tuition Assistance Program is offered to families with financial hardships. Inquire with the director for more details.
- Our registration continues throughout the school year as children are ready to come to school.
- No child will be able to start class until a completed certificate of child health examination is on file in the preschool director’s office.
Follow these links to our forms: