Grace Lutheran Preschool
Giving children the best start at school!
Phone 815/338-0554 ext. 213
Grace Luthern Preschool is currently on hiatus for the 2020-2021 school year. Thank you for understanding and we’ll see you for the 2021-2022 school year!
The mission of Grace Lutheran Church Preschool is to share God’s grace through the education and enrichment of young children. Every child is a gift from God. Grace Lutheran Preschool will provide a safe, supportive and Christian atmosphere for them to grow. Our well-balanced program promotes social/emotional, cognitive, physical and spiritual development.
GRACE LUTHERAN PRESCHOOL FACTS
- A $50.00 Registration Fee is required to guarantee a child’s spot in a class. (This fee is non-refundable.)
- A 10% Sibling Discount is offered for families with more than one child enrolled in the same school year. Registration Fee is as follow; $50 for the first child, $40 for the second child & $30 for the third child. (Registration Fees are non-refundable)
- A Tuition Assistance Program is offered to those families with financial hardships. Inquire with director for further details.
- Each classroom is staffed with highly qualified, experienced and nurturing teachers and teacher aides. Our teachers encourage a strong parent/teacher relationship that enhances each preschooler’s first school experience.
- Grace Lutheran Preschool is a licensed facility by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) and members of the Evangelical Lutheran Education Association (ELEA) as well as a member of 4C: Community Coordinated Child Care organization.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences are held twice a year to give both parents and teachers a chance to reflect on each child’s growth and development. An individual Portfolio is created throughout the school year that documents each child’s development. Developmental Evaluations are based on the milestones stated in the Early Learning Standards set by the Illinois State Board of Education.
- A variety of field trips and in-school visitors are a part of the curriculum for our preschoolers ages 3 – 5. We rely on the parents to help with transportation and chaperoning during the field trips outside of school.
- Strong Christian ideals and values are a part of our curriculum that fosters growth in each child’s faith and awareness of being a unique child of God. Once a week each class will participate in Chapel Time within the classroom or in the Sanctuary of Grace Lutheran Church.
- A large playground area is available for large motor play each day as a part of our daily class schedule. Two-year-olds have their very own space with age-appropriate equipment. Each play area offers a trike path that allows for a variety of outdoor experiences.